Friday, November 7, 2008





Yesterday and today were very exciting for Arviat, we had three polar bears roaming around the bay area, right behind our house. Yesterday a lone male was spotted and the whole town was watching as he wandered across the frozen water. This morning i got up at 6:30 and went outside and about 150 feet away was a mother and cub wandering along the dock area.
It was a good photo opportunity and i have posted some on here.
Hopefully they will leave soon so we can go out with molly the dog and not worry about being eaten.
until next time.
Andy & Sue

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I've been in lived in Nunavut for more than 5 years and have yet to get any decent pictures of a polar bear. I'm jealous.

Rob, Tina and the boys said...

How exciting!

Daniel & Joyce said...

Andy, great photo's. I would suggest you either get closer or buy a bigger lens.

(I would suggest the lens route!!!)

I will email you photo's of my trip to the UK when I get a moment.

All the best..........Daniel

Megan said...

Merry Christmas!

Sue1 said...

Andy.....it's time for new pics for all of us "Southerners" We are starting to forget what you two look like....and don't forget Molly too. I'll make you a deal....you put up more pics....and I'll send you Timmies. Deal?????
Luv ya
Sue

Mollie said...

hi uncle andy its mollie ur niece
not ur dog lol hihihi =) love ur blog and the bears lol .
if u wana look at my blog its
http://x3---mo0miiniix---x3.skyrock.com/

( its in french )
bye xxx